Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Giving back

This is our superhero, our Bailey.

I have always taught the kids that it is more important to give than it is to get.  So I try to lead by example.  I wish I could do all the causes in the world, but I can't and I think my family and friends would go absolutely nuts.  So I really put all my focus on the Heart Walk because it affects many people in my life, but more importantly, my son Bailey.  But, when a friend participates in another walk, I will be one of the first to make a contribution because I know if they have as much passion for the cause as I do, every little bit will be appreciated.  In order for people to continue to support you, you not only need to show dedication, but show that you will return the support.

We turned in our first recycling batch.  It was $14.34.  Not a whole lot, but hopefully if we get the word out, more people will want to donate some of their recyclables.  That is what we hope.  Not bad for a couple of weeks though.  We will be sure to keep you up to date on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment