Thursday, April 2, 2009

March Recycling

I know that we only raised $14 from the March recycling but I wanted to make sure that people understood that the proceeds go directly to the heart walk, so I added a few dollars to make the online donation.  It can be my own little donation for my son's hard work.  I think it is important to show him that I really do believe in his ideas.  I have been trying to figure out how to get our small community more involved, so if anyone has any ideas, please send them my way.  I am contacting local businesses and newspapers to get the word out.  Please keep your fingers crossed for us!  Everyone please enjoy your Thursday.

On a side note, Bailey and I watched ER last week and it was about Camp Del Corazon.  I have to say the story they told broke my heart.  When Bailey was born, there were three of them who had similar heart problems.  We used to see the other two boys at appointments and procedures and even surgeries.  Sadly, neither of the two boys made it past kindergarten.  i count my blessings every day that I am given with Bailey.  If this is just a fraction of what I can do for his future, I would gladly do it.

So for those of you who even check this, please, go out there and get involved and do what you can for these causes.  We understand that the economy is tough right now, but that does not stop the need for these researches, community outreaches, or education.  So we have to do what we can to make sure that the fight continues, even if it means taking baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. hey! you get more bang for your buck if you recycle the high-density plastic. the two or three gallons that you buy, you know the ones you have to poke at the top. at least that's how it is at our place. just fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete